Jerusalem – Israeli officials say the army will carry out more air raids on the Gaza Strip overnight and call up 1,500 military reservists, as the country moves closer to its third major offensive in the Palestinian territory in six years.
Lieutenant-Colonel Peter Lerner, a spokesman for the Israeli army, posted a tweet late on Monday saying that the military had launched “Operation Protective Edge” and would be targeting the Palestinian faction Hamas.
Israeli raids were reported all over the Gaza Strip, including Gaza City, with jets attacking empty training camps belonging to Palestinian fighting groups.
Palestinian officials said two air strikes were launched before dawn against homes in southern Gaza. Medics said nine people suffered shrapnel injuries.
Israeli planes also dropped leaflets in the north of the Gaza Strip calling on residents to inform on fighters.
Israel’s security cabinet met earlier on Monday after nine people were killed overnight in Gaza, governed by Hamas, and nearly 40 rockets and mortars were fired into southern Israel.
Late on Monday, there was another barrage of at least 20 rockets from Gaza into Israel.
country news, daily news, Islamic news, india news, Pakistan news, , india Pakistan
news, current news, news headlines, Latest World News,Articles,
breaking news, arab country news, sport news, cricket news, daily news, Islamic
news, india news, Pakistan news, india Pakistan news, current news,Current
affairs, Economic Affairs,Islam and Human Rights, Islam and Politics , Islam
and the West, Muslim Media, Islamic Society, Islamic World,Latest World
News, breaking news ,Top Breaking News, Current Affairs, daily news, recent
news, news headlines